This Greek-inspired salad uses a healthy portion of one of the most nutritious herbs that you’ve probably never heard of (though you might have seen growing in your sidewalk) – purslane!
Serve this salad as part of a nice home Meze platter, along with dolmas, hummus, pita, baba ganoush, and some olives for a refreshing Mediterranean meal.
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled (optionally) and diced
- 1 cup purslane leaves
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 ounces feta, chunked or broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (~2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, purslane leaves, arugula, and feta.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil, then pour over the vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.