Like the holidays, this is a recipe that just keeps on giving.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- combine ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cover and heat slowly over low heat.
- Once the liquid starts to steam uncover and, sirring occasionally, continue to heat to just below simmering for 10 minutes. If the liquid boils, the cranberries will pop which is not optimal for the candied cranberries.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature for about an hour. Transfer to a covered heat-safe bowl and refrigerate over night.
- Strain the cranberries from the liquid and refrigerated to use in other salads or in holiday baking. Keep liquid in a non-reactive airtight container and use within two weeks.