Flavored simple syrup require some foresight to prepare ahead of time. While it is tempting to make and store large quantities, it is best to make it in small batches since the flavors
will degrade quickly.
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Bring sugar, water, and mint to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the mixture boils, simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, about two minutes.
- Cool at room temperature then strain into a non-reactive sealable container.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Makes about 6 ounces of simple syrup.