Kohlrabi, which means cabbage turnip in Swiss German, is a cruciferous vegetable. The flavor of fresh kohlrabi is mild and light similar to broccoli hearts. It is great raw as in this slaw and is also a fantastic addition to stir fry.
- 2 large kohlrabi, peeled and grated
- 2 medium green apples, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, washed
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine kohlrabi and apples and toss with lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine mint, sugar, pecans, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Combine mint dressing and vegetables. Serve at room temperature or chilled.