Massaging raw kale with a slightly acidic dressing helps tenderize this somewhat tough green so it can be eaten raw. This light salad is great for warm days and it packs a ton of nutrition.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups curly kale, chopped coarsely
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 green garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- handful of mint, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a fork or whisk, mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Combine the remaining ingredients along with the dressing in a large bowl.
- Mix and massage with clean hands until the kale is nice and tender, about 3-4 minutes.