Sweet Potato and Black Eyed Peas Salad
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas
- 2 medium sweet peppers, diced
- 1/2 large sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for 12 minutes, or until tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the dressing by whisking the oil and lemon juice together and allowing the basil to marinade in the dressing.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.