Spring Beet and Arugula Salad
- 6-8 small/medium beets
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 cups arugula, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil beets until tender. Rinse under cold water, then remove skin (it should come off very easily). Chop into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, honey, and salt to make the dressing.
- Mix all ingredients with dressing and season to taste.