- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, washed and cored
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or non-margarine butter substitute
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a blender combine strawberries, add oil or butter substitute, lemon juice, and almond until thoroughly combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry until thoroughly combined then fold the walnuts into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. Bake at 325 until a golden brown crust forms on top and the batter passes the toothpick test, about 30 minutes.