This beet bread has a fantastic color and is great for dessert or a sweet breakfast.
- 2-3 red beets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 portions egg replacer (such as Ener-G)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Cooking spray
- First, boil beets until fork soft. Run the cooked beets under cold water so you can peel them by hand, then grate until you have about 2 cups of grated beets.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar, and egg replacer. Once combined, stir in vanilla, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour and mix until the flour is completely incorporated. Fold grated beets, pecans, and raisins.
- Thoroughly coat a loaf pan with cooking spray, then pour in batter. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.