Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups regular oats, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons bourbon whiskey or vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup raisins
- In a food processor or blender combine 1 ½ cups of oats, coconut, 1/2 cup whole pecans, and ground flax seed. Blend into a uniform powder.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour you created, the all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, the remaining oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl combine the almond milk, vegetable oil, and bourbon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until thoroughly until incorporated. Immediately fold in the raisins and chopped pecans then allow the cookie dough to sit until the dough is no longer sticky, about 5 minutes.
- Shape cookies by rolling about 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and flattening with the palms of your hands. Bake on well greased cookie sheets until golden brown at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating or storing.