To make this recipe vegan, add 2 1/2 teaspoons powdered egg replacer combined in 1/2 cup water and reduce the oil to 3/4 cup.
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Walnut Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, cup
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup non-dairy butter substitute
- a pinch of salt
- Thoroughly combine sugar, oil, egg, sweet potatoes, almond extract, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, then combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until the batter is uniform.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake at 325.
- While the bread is baking make the walnut streusel topping by combining the ingredients with a pastry cutter or in a food processor until thoroughly combined.
- When the bread is somewhat firm, about 30 minutes, remove the bread from the oven and sprinkle the streusel topping on top.
- Continue baking until the bread can pass the clean toothpick test, about 20-30 minutes.