- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup vegetables stock, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a blender, combine walnuts, garlic, almond milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup vegetables stock until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spread three teaspoons of the creamy mixture on the bottom of a large casserole dish and add a layer of sweet potatoes. Spread 1/4 cup of the cream then repeat to build the gratin. Pour 1/2 cup of vegetable stock over the top of the gratin.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the breadcrumbs over the top of gratin.
- Bake the gratin at 350 degrees, covered with tin foil, until the potatoes are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.