Genever, the Dutch precursor to what we know as gin, is an earthy, clear spirit with a flavor somewhere between whiskey and vodka. The earthy tones pair very well with the sweetness of the strawberries in this refreshing drink. Try it out!
- 2 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces genever (we used Bols)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- soda water
- lemon twist
- In a highball, lightly muddle the strawberries with the simple syrup.
- Add genever, lemon juice, and enough ice to fill the glass. Stir to combine.
- Top with soda water and garnish with a lemon twist. Drink with a straw!