Austin, I found the perfect way to use Johnson’s Backyard Garden‘s personal watermelons. You’re welcome.
- 1 personal watermelon
- 2 ounces cachaça
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- crushed ice
- Angostura bitters
- slices of orange and lime
- Start by preparing your watermelon juice and serving vessel. Slice the top inch of the watermelon off to create the top of your glass. If necessary remove a small slice from the bottom to create a level surface, but be careful not to slice too deeply into the flesh. Now, carefully spoon out the watermelon pulp. Place the cup shell in the refrigerator to chill and juice the watermelon pulp with a juicer or by smashing and straining through a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine cachaça, lime juice, Grand Marnier, simple syrup, and four ounces of the melon juice in a shaker with ice. Shake to chill.
- Fill the melon glass with crushed ice and strain the cocktail into the melon. Add a dash of Angostura and garnish with orange and lime slices.