This version of classic Thanksgiving cranberry sauces mixes it up with the addition of Angostura Bitters. Angostura Bitters have some great spice notes reminiscent of classic holiday flavors, like allspice and cloves, so their use in this sauce works wonderfully.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup water
- zest from half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons Angostura Bitters
- In a large pot, heat cranberries, sugar, orange juice, water and lemon zest over medium-high heat. Stir frequently to dissolve the sugar and wait for the majority of cranberries to pop.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Angostura Bitters, transfer to heat-resistant bowl, and let cool before serving.