Grilled Asparagus is simply delicious and the addition of portabello mushrooms and this marinade make them to die for!
- 1 pound of asparagus, washed with stems trimmed
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, washed and sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine ingredients in an airtight container and allow to marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Place the marinaded vegetables directly on a lightly greased grill. Cook rotating occasionally until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Note: If your grill is of questionable cleanliness or you are concerned about loosing a few asparagus lay a square of tinfoil on the grill poke it with a few small holes to allow some smoke to come through the surface, and place your vegetables on the foil.