This is a baked, gluten-free falafel, packed with heart-healthy omegas!
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans, mashed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup purslane, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form chickpea patties about 1 ½ inches wide by 2 inches thick. Place formed patties on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.