Our version of tabouli replaces the traditional bulgur wheat with quinoa. This salad makes a refreshing summertime lunch, and its nutrient-dense quinoa will keep you going through the heat of the rest of the day!
- 3 cups prepared quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 1 large bunch parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 small white onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 scallions or spring onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or slightly chilled.