- 1 package round dumpling wrappers, thawed
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 5 shiitake mushroom caps, re-hydrated if necessary
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger, minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 spring onions, diced
- salt to taste
for dipping sauce:
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 thai chili, finely minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- Steam the swiss chard until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Place in a food processor with mushroom caps and pine nuts. Pulse until finely chopped and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and saute ginger, garlic, and spring onions until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in swiss chard mixture. Season with salt to taste.
- Place a dumpling wrapper on a clean working surface.
- Spoon a teaspoon of filling in the middle of each wrapper then dip your fingers in the water and moisten all around the outside of the wrapper.
- Bring the sides of the wrapper up over the filling and press together to seal. Pinch along the seal then place the finished dumplings on a plate dusted with flour.
- To steam the dumplings, place the dumplings in a steamer and steam over high heat until the mushrooms are cooked, about 15 minutes.
- While dumplings are steaming, combine the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Serve dumplings immediately with sauce.