Tofu & Mushroom Chimichurri Skewers
- 1 pound tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place tofu and mushrooms in a large food storage container.
- Combine parsley, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, and hot pepper flakes in a food processor or blender. Combine and drizzle with olive oil until the chimichurri mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour chimichurri mixture over the prepared vegetables and allow to marinate, refrigerated, over night.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Skewer tofu and mushrooms. Place on grill and rotate occasionally to avoid burning. Brush with remaining chuimichurri to keep moist. Remove from gill and serve when mushrooms are tender.