Borracho Epazote Black Beans Tacos with Quick Radish Pickles
- 1 pound black beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground cumin
- 2 sprigs epazote
- 1/2 can of beer (we used Real Ale’s Four Squared)
- Salt to taste
- In a large stock pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large stock pot and saute onion until fragrant, about two minutes. Add pepper flakes and cumin and cook until onions are translucent, about three minutes.
- Add beer and epazote. Bring to a boil then allow to cook over low heat until all of the liquid is incorporated and the beans take on a creamy consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Remove epazote sprigs and serve.