Chifas, what Peruvians call Chinese restaurants, often have a bowl of this quickly prepared style of ají sitting at every table.
Serve this with our version of Arroz Chaufa.
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.