Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 pound white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon non-margarine butter substitute
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (gluten-free if required)
- Bring potatoes and broth to a boil in a medium sauce pan until tender, about 15 minutes.
- While potato is boiling, melt the butter substitute over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add leeks, mushrooms, and garlic, stirring to coat. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mushrooms have expressed their liquid and the leeks are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Once potatoes are soft, add the potatoes and broth to the saute and combine. Add almond milk and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and combine until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Serve warm.