This vegan take on a Peruvian crema (creamed vegetable soup) uses fresh carrots, scrumptious herbs, and a potato for added texture.
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the carrots and potatoes to a boil in a medium pot. Continue to cook until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Once the vegetables are soft transfer them and 2 cups of the cooking liquid to a blender along with the bouillon cube. Combine until smooth then set aside.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large pot until the onions are translucent.
- Once the onions have sauteed, transfer them to the blender and liquify.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot garnished with parsley.