The perfect soup for the cooler weather – just like grandma used to make!
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 cups cooked Cannellini beans
- 2 cups dino kale (aka Tuscan, Lacinato, or black), chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth, bay leaf, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the beans, kale, and rosemary and simmer until the kale is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve!