Fresh fruit juices are an inexpensive and popular breakfast staple around Peru. Most such juices are made in ordinary blenders which makes the process and clean-up extremely easy while creating a delicious, frothy beverage.
- 1 whole fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- sugar to taste (optional)
- ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Combine the fruit and water in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add sugar to taste, if desired. Blend to mix in the sugar.
- Serve over ice, and top with a sprinkle of ground nutmeg or cinnamon.