Rutabagas are a cross between cabbage and turnips. So, while this recipe resembles potato salad the flavor is more akin to the other ubiquitous cookout dish – coleslaw.
- 3 pounds rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup curly parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup celeriac greens or celery tops, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of green garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil rutabaga in salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the rutabaga and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine cooled rutabaga cubes with the remaining ingredients.