Portabella LT Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large portabella mushroom cap, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- Salt and black pepper
- Sliced bread (substitute gluten-free if preferred)
- Vegan mayonnaise substitute
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Lettuce of your choice (Romaine or Bibb work well)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Carefully lay mushroom slices in the oil and fry on one side until liquid begins to be expressed, about 2-3 minutes. Flip each slice and fry on the other side for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread a healthy serving of vegan mayonnaise substitute on two slices of bread. Stack a few lettuce leaves, a few slices of fried mushroom, and one to two tomato slices on the sandwich and enjoy!