I don’t know a lot about the foreign relations between Peru and Russia, but after seeing this salad on almost every menu in Peru I am not sure if it has something to do with the country of “Rusa” or if beets are synonymous with that nation everywhere in the world. Either way, all of these fresh veggies and a light mustard dressing make this salad is a winner.
- 1/2 pound of asparagus, chopped and steamed
- 3 beets, roasted, peeled, and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup of English peas
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Combine prepared vegetables and set aside.
- Thoroughly mix the dressing ingredients until the oil and lime juice are incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the salad and serve.