This salad is our combination of two popular Peruvian salads. Ensalada de Chocolo uses Peruvian white corn and quesillo and Cho Cho is extremely popular with Andean ceviche and uses an endemic lupine bean. Since we can’t find fresh Andean lupine seeds in Texas we have opted to substitute soy seeds which are textually and nutritionally very similar. Together the salads make a great well rounded duo!
- 2 ears of fresh sweet white corn, husked and roasted
- 16 ounces frozen edamame, defrosted
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup quesillo, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon aji amarillo paste (optional)
- Salt to taste
Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt to taste and allow to marinate at least 10 minutes before serving.