Quick pickles are fast and easy to make but should also be consumed shortly after making. Keep refrigerated and eat within a three days.
- 2 bunches radishes, topped, root removed, and sliced thin
- 1/2 bunch carrots, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Pack carrot and radish slices into a 1 quart mason jar.
- In a small sauce pan, heat salt, sugar, vinegar, and water. Stir occasionally until the solids dissolve.
- Pour liquid over the radishes and carrots and refrigerate until cool, 15 to 45 minutes.