This recipe is simple, but packs a lot of good fresh flavor.
- 12 large ripe figs
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place cleaned and dried figs side by side in a deep baking dish and place in an oven heated to 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- While the figs bake, make the almond creme and caramel. Prepare the almond creme by placing the almond milk, blanched almonds, and vanilla extract in a blender and combining until smooth. Taste and season with granulated sugar if necessary.
- Place the brown sugar, salt, and water in a broad skillet and melt over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Continue string until the caramel comes to a boil then remove from heat.
- When the figs are finished baking, plate the desert by carefully slicing the figs, scooping a spoonful of almond creme on top, and drizzle with caramel.